Kid Cudi and Ratatat Concert

Wednesday night I had the privilege to go see Ratatat and KiD CuDi live at Terminal 5 in Manhattan. Definately the most sober I have ever been for a concert (primarily cause I am still on crutches), but still an awesome concert.

We first visited Max and Zain from Homey Hoepwell at NYU and boy do they smoke a lot! They said that they filled up two utz pretzle barrles with the greens! Thats a shit ton. It was cool to see the differences between a city school and a school like Lehigh. When I was making my college selection, I didnt even take that into account really, but it is really important in determining the environment of the school. It seemed that the majority of the NYU population are gung ho students who wear a shit ton of european clothes. But Zain and Max definately found a good group of friends there.

KiD CuDi was definately the highlight of the night. He did a great mix of songs from his old mixtape and his new releases, and he flowed really well live. My favorite song was definaltely Down and Out, which he open with. Plain Pat was there too!

Ratatat on the other hand was interesting. They only played instramental songs, and a large portion of them I had never heard before. When they played their well known songs, everyone really dug it, but the songs that I didn't know seemed to drag on and get repedative. Also, they seemed a bit more housy/grungey live instead of the electronicy feel I get from their albums.

So the lesson is if you ever get the chance to see Kid CuDi live hop on it immediately, and if you get the chance to see Ratatat get drunk and go and it will be great!

0 comments:

Post a Comment