Deadspin's Ball's Deep Message to the Class of '09

Deadspin, an unbiased, vulgar sports blog, recently published a graduation "speech" directed towards the graduating class of 2009. I was told to check it out by a friend, and it was definitely one of the best reads that I have had online in a while. The writer, Drew Magary, goes on to explain how all of our lives will be utterly terrible now that they have graduated college. It is the most cynical and awesome view on the world that I have ever seen. I loved it. Here are some great quotes:

"At some point, you will not be able to sleep in past 8 or 9AM, and this will piss you off. I used to be cool. I used to be able to sleep until noon no problem. I SPAT RIGHT IN MORNING'S FUCKING EYE. No waking up at dawn for me. Waking up early is crazy gay. Am I right?"

"You will find yourself, at times, tired of drinking. But you will continue drinking anyway. Beats the alternative, which is NOT drinking."

"Having a kid is just like having a really mean spinning instructor. They give no fucking quarter. They're like tiny little Hitlers."

This completely legitimizes all reckless activity that I will partake in for the next 3 years.

Definitely check it out HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment