Music and TV Update

Music-
Eminem - Relapse: This album is technically being released today, but I found it online about a week and a half ago, and it is dope! I never really listened to Eminem's music, mainly because I never was truly introduced to him, but I recently downloaded his discography and Relapse definately trumps his other albums. The beats are done exclusivly by The Dr. Dre except for one song, and Eminem kills all of the raps. My current favorite songs are: Hello, Old Times Sake, and Medicine Ball

Def 3 and Factor - Drumbo: I came across this album by chance when I clicked the wrong link while reading some hip hop blog. Both of the artists that collaborated for Drumbo were no names to me, but the clip of the one song that I heard had a really catchy beat and some nice vocals to go along with it. It has beats that are similar to those of Blu, but they don't seem as chopped up, and the vocals blend really well with the beats. My favorite tracks include: Stutter Step, Take Me Higher, and Speed Demon.
You can download this album HERE

TV-
Basically Fringe is the best show on TV right now. The season just ended with a weird cliff hanger that makes me a little worried about the future of the show, but that was one of the best TV seasons I have seen since Heroes season 1. I'm hoping that they can keep the show grounded in realism after what happened now because that was one of my favorite parts of the show. JJ Abrams has revolutionized TV with his storytelling techniques.

Also Eastbound and Down is a great show that not that many people have heard of. It airs on HBO, and its six episode first season ended a month or two ago. The show starts Will Ferrel, Danny McBride, and Craig Robinson (Darrel from the Office), and its extreme vulgarity and ridiculousness make it one of my favorites in our currently airing comedies.

PS (NBC has Thursday nights set right now. The Office, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation are all great shows.)


Check out all of this stuff and tell me what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment